Most important features
- 4 DAYS – 3 NIGHTS
- Visited countries: Spain
A perfect 4-day getaway to explore the vineyards of the Rioja region. During these 4 days you will experience the fascinating world of wine as you travel through the heart of Rioja, one of the best wine regions of Spain and perhaps in the world. Taste Rioja wines at the best wineries, from family-owned to the most famous vineyards, from traditional wineries to the most modern with cutting-edge architectural designs. You will also discover the history of small medieval villages and enjoy delicious food. With this exclusive private trip, immerse yourself in the magic of the Rioja wine region.
- Glass of wine as a welcome drink
- 4 wine tastings
- 3 nights in a wine hotel
- Exploring the Rioja wine region with a Rioja wine expert
DAY 1: ARRIVAL BILBAO – TRANSFER RIOJA (D)
Today you arrive at the largest city of the Basque Country in Spain, Bilbao. Upon arrival, you will receive a private transfer from the airport to your hotel in the Rioja wine region. After check-in at your hotel, you will be expected at the hotel for a welcome drink. Then you will be served dinner in the hotel restaurant with local Rioja wines.
DAY 2 – RIOJA (B, L)
After breakfast, an English-speaking guide will pick you up from the hotel and accompany you all day through the Rioja wine region to get to know it better. The tour consists of two tours with tastings at two different wineries and a tapas lunch. You will be transferred back to the hotel at the end of the day.
DAY 3 – RIOJA (B, L)
After breakfast, meet your guide for a new day discovering Rioja. Today you will go on an excursion and get two tours and tastings at two different contrasting wineries. Have lunch at a local restaurant or at a winery.
You will finish the day with a panoramic ride with a few stops for photos in some avant-garde buildings with amazing architecture. You will be dropped off at the hotel at the end of the day.
DAY 4 – DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast, and depending on your flight times, you will receive a private transfer to the airport for your flight back home… or an extension of your trip to one of the other beautiful wine regions of Spain such as Galicia or Navarro, or an extension of a city trip Bilbao. Ask us about the possibilities for a non-binding customized quote.
Included / Excluded
What’s included / not included in this wine tour ?
- 4 wine tastings and wine cellar visits
- Private transfer airport – hotel – airport
- 3 nights in a 4 * or boutique hotel in a standard double room in good quality hotels
- Meals where indicated (O = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Transport as described in the program
- Private transportation for transfers and tours
- Private expert local guide for the tours in Rioja
- Entrance fees to wineries and wine tastings
- Taxes and charges
- Specialized wine guide
- Experienced English-speaking guide unless otherwise stated, other languages on request
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees to the listed sights
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks unless explicitly stated
- Meals other than stated in the program
- Cancellation and travel insurance (we can arrange this for you if desired)
- Taxes that are payable locally, such as the tourist tax
- Everything that is not reported under the heading including
- Single surcharges and additional nightly rates are available on request.
Pay attention :
- Depending on flight arrival / departure, we can also include a half day guided walking tour in Bilbao or a stop to discover the city on your own.
Request a quote for this wine tour and we can work with you to determine what will and will not be included. The choice is yours.
All flights, hotels and rental cars are always subject to availability until the time of final booking. The booking will be made when the deposit has been received on our account.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to seasonality and availability.