Most important features
- 4 DAYS – 3 NIGHTS
- Countries visited: Greece
During this 4-day wine trip to the northern wine region of Macedonia, you will discover the delicious and special wines that this wine region has to offer. You will also visit the beautiful but little-visited city of Thessaloniki.
- Glass of wine as a welcome drink at a rooftop bar in Thessaloniki
- 3 wine tastings and 1 wine pairing
- Discover authentic indigenous grape varieties
- Diners in specialized wine restaurants
- Thessaloniki discovery
DAY 1 – ARRIVAL THESSALONIKI (D)
After a flight of about three hours, you will arrive at the largest city in northern Greece and also the provincial capital of the wine region of Macedonia, Thessaloniki. This little-visited but beautiful city is worth exploring. Upon arrival, you will receive a transfer from the airport to your hotel. After check-in you are expected in one of the most beautiful rooftop bars in the city with a sea view. After this you are expected for dinner in a wine restaurant.
DAY 2 – THESSALONIKI – NAOUSSA – EDESSA (B, L, D)
After breakfast you will travel to Naoussa, home to the native Xinomavro grape variety, a red grape variety. After arriving on-site, mid-morning, you will visit a beautiful winery where you will taste delicious wines, made among other things from the Xinomavro.
After the visit to the first winery of the day, you will continue to the second winery of this day that is not too far away. Here you will be offered lunch with wine pairing in one of the best wineries in this wine region. After lunch you may have some time left to explore the area before you travel to Edessa. Dinner with wine arrangement in Edessa.
DAY 3 – EDESSA – AMYNTAIO – THESSALONIKI (B, D)
After breakfast at your hotel in Edessa, you travel to Amyntaio, a unique wine region in Greece. Halfway through the morning you visit the first winery of this day and a wine tasting with unique wines is planned for you.
Around noon you leave for the second nearby winery. The unique thing about this winery is that it uses a traditional method to make the sparkling wine. There is no technology involved. You will get to taste these and other unique wines during the planned wine tasting.
After visiting this beautiful winery, you will be offered a late lunch / early dinner in a restaurant with a wine package.
Accommodation in Thessaloniki.
DAY 4 – THESSALONIKI – DEPARTURE (B)
After breakfast, and depending on your flight times, you will receive a transfer to the airport for your flight back home … or an extension of your trip to one of the other beautiful wine regions and islands of Greece such as the Peloponnese, Limnos, or why not Kos, Rhodes, Santorini or Crete.
Included / Excluded
What’s included / not included in this wine tour ?
Included / excluded
- 4 wine tastings
- Transfer airport – hotel – airport
- 3 nights in good quality hotels in a standard double room
- Meals where indicated (O = breakfast, L = lunch, D = dinner)
- Transport as described in the program
- Experienced English-speaking guide or driver, other languages on request
- International flights
- Specialized wine guide
- Personal expenses
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks unless explicitly stated
- Meals other than stated in the program
- Cancellation and travel insurance (we can arrange this for you if desired)
- Taxes to be paid on the spot, such as the tourist tax
- Everything that is not included in the inclusive section
Request a quote for this wine tour and we can determine together with you what will and what will not be included. The choice is yours.
All flights and hotels are always based on availability up to the moment of definitive booking. The booking is recorded when the deposit has been received on our account.
Prices can always change without prior notice due to seasonality and availability.